Encrypting files on Artemis is a crucial step in protecting sensitive infromation. By encrypting your files, you ensure that they are inaccessible to anyone who does not have the key to decrypt them. With Artemis' file encryption feature, you can rest easy knowing your data is protected.
Here's how it works:
1. Connect Artemis to your PC and open Amaryllo's Deskptop app.
2. Click on 'Encrypt USB' from the menu bar.
3. Choose the folder on your PC that you wish to encrypt and transfer to Artemis then click initiate.
Once finished, the files copied to your Artemis will be inaccessible without decryption.
- Encrypting folder that is more than 100MB may take more than 10 seconds.
- Encrypting folder that is more than 1GB may take more than 24 seconds.
- Encryption is limited to folders that are smaller than10GB.
- Files within the folder cannot exceed over 4GB.
Steps to Decrypt Folder
To access the decrypted folder from your Artemis, you'll will need to click “Encrypt USB” again in Amaryllo’s desktop app. Select the folder where you wish to store the decrypted files then click 'Initiate' to start the decryption and the transfer process. Once done, your decrypted files will be available on your PC.